Yeast dough for about 12 pieces:
375 g wheat flour
1 sachet dry yeast
50 g soft butter or margarine
50 g sugar
6 drops of butter-vanilla flavouring
150 g yogurt
200 ground almonds with
100 g candied ginger
200 g apples
50 g chopped almonds
150 g brown sugar
6 g grated orange zest
100 g cream
3 tbsp light jam (e.g. apricot)
Some experience necessary
1. For the filling, roast the almonds in a non-stick pan without fat until golden, then leave them to cool on a plate.
2. Cut the ginger into small pieces. Peel the apples and coarsely grate them. Mix the almonds, ginger pieces, grated apple, sugar, orange zest, egg and cream in a mixing bowl.
3. Carefully mix the flour and yeast in a mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and use a mixer with dough hooks until a smooth dough is formed.
4. Cover the dough and leave it to rise in a warm place until it has visibly increased in size.
5. Form the dough into a roll on a lightly floured work surface and then roll out a rectangle (50 x 30 cm). Evenly spread the almond and ginger filling onto the rectangle, leaving an edge of about 1 cm along the longer sides. Roll up the dough lengthwise and cut it into 12 slices with a width of about 4 cm. Place the slices flat into the moulds and leave them to rest for 15 minutes.
6. Slide the baking tray into the preheated oven (top/bottom heat: 180°C, fan-assisted: 160°C). The tartlets will be ready after approx. 35 minutes.
7. Pass the jam through a sieve. Allow the tartlets to rest for 10 minutes in their moulds,
then remove them and place them on a cooling rack. Cover them with the jam and leave them to cool.