Shortcrust pastry dough for about 25 pieces:
250 g wheat flour
1 level tsp baking powder
100 g sugar
1 sachet vanilla sugar
5 drops of rum flavouring
125 g soft butter or
50 g sesame seeds
25 g sesame seeds
50 g icing sugar
2 tsp water
Easy to make
1. Mix the flour and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients for the dough and blend everything using a mixer (dough hooks), starting briefly on the lowest setting and then switching to the highest setting until a dough is formed.
2. Roll out the dough (approx. 1 cm thick) between two sheets of baking paper.
3. Cut out circles and place them on the baking tray. Brush with water and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
4. Slide the baking tray into the preheated oven (top/bottom heat: 180°C, fan-assisted: 160°C). After approx. 12 minutes, the Sesame Cookies will be ready.
5. Pull the cookies off the baking tray and leave to cool on a cake rack.
6. Strain the icing sugar and mix with water to form a thick glaze. Put the glaze into a freezer bag, cut off one corner and dribble over the cookies.